14 Oct 2007
Vista without IPv6
Not all equipments support IPv6, and therefore cause problems - limited access, often network disconnections, etc.
In Vista, IPv6 is enabled by default, but given the current status - a very tiny part uses IPv6 - you should be able to disable its support without any disadvantages at all.
So here’s how to do it.
- Start Menu
- Right click on Computer, select Manage
- Left Side List: click on Device Manager
- Application Menu: View **-> **Show hidden devices
- In the main list, under Network Adapters, you should now see 6to4, isatap.[..], Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
- Right click on each of them, and select Disable
All set. A computer restart would be nice though. Good luck!