21 Nov 2008
Black November 20
andreineculau.com is back..
- Reason: Dreamhost
- Specific Reason: Dreamhost’s Databases
- They never acknowledged this on their notification site. Why?
- Reason: Caught the flu.. after all, it’s breathin’ Scandinavian air
- Side Reason: WordPress is a memory hog!!!!!!
- a normal PHP-CGI process on Dreamhost’s servers takes around 10 MB of memory
- PHP-CGI WordPress process.. up to 30 MB 8O
- ZenPhoto 10 MB
- Habari 10 MB. I’ll be darn if people won’t start moving to it if WordPress doesn’t fix its shit
- WP loads so much stuff into $GLOBALS.. :x Give me a break!
- I wish WP would start to reform its code, and then have a programme like Facebook’s
- Habari is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!! Neat, simple, mannered with good standards..
- For the first time Dreamhost support was more than 24h late to reply to my support ticket
- I wasted my time with this, I had a nice mojo breakdown and ate sandwiches all day..
- I went back to the shell and Midnight Commander
- I had some quick UNIX bash lessons
- I ended up installing OpenGoo (tipped by the Rux)
- I now have to apologize to Aron
- Yes, I got the Gmail Themes also, one day behind the official roll-out, and I have the coolest theme ever: classic!